Wednesday 22 August 2012

My Heart is Broken

Good morning everyone.

The last 36 hours are a bit of a blur.  As some of you already know, my mom passed away yesterday morning.  We are thankful that she passed peacefully in her sleep, but we mourn none the less.  You know when you have elder parents you wonder how it will happen and how the phone all will come.

Nothing really prepares you.  my mom is at peace.  Her last few years were tough, she lost her vision, she wasted down to under 100 pounds and she was very, very frail.  She was equally as stubborn, tough and strong.  she was a great wife and mother, gramma and friend. Everyone who knew her will miss her.

My world has been turned upside down.  My dads world is spinning.  We are lucky our family is close.  We will get through it.

Today I have started her obituary and started the plans for her memorial.  I also am angry.  I want to go move some iron. I probably will at some point today. I think it will help with the pain I am feeling. It will probably feel really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment